Thursday, August 5, 2010

An honour bestowed

The other day I was reading a friend's blog and noticed a comment that said that she had been nominated for The Versatile Blogger award.  I thought, "Wouldn't it be cool if someday someone made that comment about me."  Imagine my surprise when I read her blog today and found out that she had nominated me!  Here's what she wrote:

"Another fellow triathlete, Christian, mother of 4, student, and recent very good friend and my most feisty competitor, Terri writes about everything worth living about. She is thoughtful and because she is the newest blogger of the bunch I suggest, I am very excited about where she will end up. The real life Terri amazes me and inspires me and her blog is doing that too."

She made me cry...

Apparently there are some rules that accompany this award.  They are as follows:

1. Thank the one who gave me this award.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Present this honour onto 15 newly discovered bloggers.
4. Drop by and let my fifteen new friends know I love them.

I hereby fulfill my obligation to the best of my ability.
 
A Truly Versatile Lady
 
I'll never forget meeting Kim.  We were at a Tribalistic going away party for one of the coaches who was getting married and moving to England.  I hadn't been very active with Tribe, and was feeling a little sidelined at the party.  I found a couple of people to talk to, and then somehow at some point fell into conversation with Kim and Ed.  I liked her right off the bat.  She was fun, enthusiastic, and well, she was talking to me. 
 
I'm not sure exactly how we became friends.  I suppose we saw each other now and then, somehow became Facebook friends, and now she is one of the few people I feel completely safe telling anything to.  We are also competitors in the best sense of the word.  Kim spurs me on to do my best, and inspires me with her own training and racing.  She's also an inspiration to my blogging, which is still very young.  Reading her blog made me want to start my own, so being listed for this award was quite humbling.  Thank you Kim for doing so.  Oh, I have decided that, in honour of your nomination, I will write my next few blogs about the things you used to describe me.  :)
 
About Me
 
I once wrote a list of 25 random things about me.  I'm sure I could list seven more, but to be honest, it's after midnight and I don't feel like it.  So, like Kim, I'm going to take the easy way out and refer you here if you would like to read them.
 
15 Blogs???
 
If you look at my list of blogs I follow, you'll see that there are not very many.  Seven, in fact.  Certainly NOT 15.  So, I will nominate four.
 
spo(R)ting life Ok, legitimately I shouldn't nominate her back, but I really think that Kim is a very versatile blogger.  I love reading about her triathlon/cycling adventures, life and love adventures, and just her opinions on many different topics. 
 
the windswept sparrow I have only met Zoë once.  Well, possibly twice.  She is a friend of a friend who talked about her on a regular basis.  I had also seen her comments on his Facebook and had also seen her in some video work he had done.  He said that she was cool and I'd like her and I had the feeling he was right.  He was.  Zoë's blog focuses on the struggles of dealing with depression and anxiety, but encompasses life.  Her writing encourages many as she openly reveals many of the things that she has and is going through.  She can bring tears to my eyes with one blog and make my heart joyful with another. 
 
A wee bit of BS B - Belinda, and her initials are B.S.  :) - was my R.A. for my first year of college.  She is currently my boss.  She is also my friend.  B is someone who will fight fiercely for those she cares for.  I am always blown away that I am honored enough to be in that category.  She has an incredible heart for the people in the West End.  She is also a relatively new blogger, and I always enjoy seeing where life is taking her.  Or maybe rather, where she is taking life...
 
iNNERFREQ I have known V for years.  17 of them.  He has always been able to make me laugh hysterically, and has always been there with the best hugs when I needed them.  He is random and unique, and his writing reflects that.  I just love the way he looks at life.
 
As for Rule #4, well, I had better go do that I guess, so they can do with it what they wish.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you love you earned it. One day I am going to write a blog about my experience of making friends these last 5 years of my life.

    ReplyDelete