Friday, January 7, 2011

What I Meant to do...

...was write some sort of reflection on last year.  And I meant to do it last year.  And then I thought I would do it on New Year's Day.  My birthday seemed like an appropriate day.  But it just didn't happen.  And the full reflection won't.  I simply have other things to do.  Not better, necessarily, but more pressing.  Like finish my last four months of schooling.  Prepare for applying for jobs.  Apply for jobs.  Coach.  Train.  Raise kids.  Prepare for other upcoming events.

But I will say this.  Last year was amazing.  If you had told me I would be where I am today, actually, I probably would have believed you.  I wasn't expecting it though.  And I'm glad I didn't know where my life was going.  I know, however, that God spoke to me clearly at the end of 2009 and let me know that in no uncertain terms could He give me the things that I wanted if I continued in the direction I was going.  I had two choices: 1) Continue in the direction I was going and continue living an unfulfilled life, or 2) Change directions and live life to the full.  I chose the latter, because it just seemed obvious.  I didn't know whether I would get what I wanted in 2010.  I didn't know if I would get it ever.  But it was still clearly the better choice.  Oh, what did I want?  Simply to share my life with someone who was crazy about me and truly wanted to do life with me, not just hang out once in awhile.  I wanted to share my life with another.  I had so much "joie de vivre" inside me wanting to escape, with no one to intimately share it with.

And you know what?  I got it.  And it's amazing.

Here's to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment